Do you do layaway?
Yes, we do layaway on a limited basis. We only take a few items on as layaway at any given time, but generally we are able to fit people in. To start the layaway process, contact us here or through Facebook and let us know what you want. We will ask you for a payment schedule that works for you, including a deposit and when you expect to be done by. We will let you know if we can do it or not--if approved, you will be asked to check out for the product through our website and use "COD" for your payment. Then you can remit your payment to us via EMT or through PayPal. There are no product limitations on layaway--all product lines can be worked with. We want you to get your dream carrier!
Do you do preorders?
Sometimes, yes. It depends on the product line. For TULA, we might be accepting a wait list, but will not take payment until product has arrived to us. When product arrives, we go down the list in chronological order. We will do our best to contact all people on the list regardless of whether or not they have purchase rights. We won't leave you hanging.
Other product lines, such as Natibaby, Kokadi, Aloe Slings and others are also available for preorders on occasion. We strive to fulfill every request, however, sometimes this is not possible. If you're on a list and we are not able to get the product for everyone, the people who ordered first will have their orders satisfied first.
Some examples of preorders:
- Kokadi Erna: accepting names and sizes for customers, for fulfillment when Kokadi restocks Erna in March. Being on the list does not guarantee you will get Erna, but we will do our best to get one for everyone. No payment is accepted on this one until close to the release in March. Once payment is taken, we will order the wrap for you. If we can't get it, we will refund you 100% of what you paid.
- Aloe Slings WCs and canvas: we often sell these before they arrive, because we know precisely what is coming. That said, losses during shipment are possible but unlikely. Preorders for Aloe ship out the same day they arrive as a general rule.
- Natibaby Toronto Sunset & Candy: Natibaby ran these two patterns as a preorder through their website. Every customer who requested one paid in full immediately as fulfillment was guaranteed from Natibaby as long as the preorder remained open on their end. Cancellation would have resulted in a $50 cancellation fee.
Do you charge a cancellation fee?
Yes, we charge a $50 cancellation fee if you cancel your preorder and we end up stuck with your item.
Do you do preorders on exclusive product?
On TULA exclusives, no. On exclusives where we are free to order the quantity we desire, such as with Natibaby, we do accept preorders.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we ship anywhere in the world. We charge $10 within Canada, $25 to the USA, and exact rates to anywhere else. Some products like Manduca and TULA* we cannot ship outside of Canada.
* TULA can be shipped outside of Canada if it is a WC, discontinued, or exclusive. Hanami will be available through us to Canadian and international buyers, American orders should go through Heart-Hugs, our American sister store. If Heart-Hugs sells out we will accept American orders.
What is your return policy?
Our return policy varies from product line to product line, so minor variations can occur, but as a general rule returns are accepted if:
- The product was damaged or defective. Once we receive it back, we will evaluate the item. In the event of a manufacturer defect we will refund you 100% of your purchase cost and cover the cost of return shipping.
- TULA defects or damage must go directly through the manufacturer; we are not given the means to help with defective product from TULA.
- If you want to return a product because you don't like it or changed your mind, we will refund you the purchase price minus the exact cost of shipping to you the first time--and you are responsible for the exact cost of shipping it back to us.
- Please contact us prior to returning product for returns to ensure it is dealt with in a timely fashion. We receive a lot of mail and do not always sort through it right away if we are not expecting something.
- Fees above and beyond the cost of shipping to you may apply if product is returned with pet hair, obvious wear and tear, incomplete or broken packaging, etc. This is because we might end up selling the product at a discount and helps us to recoup costs from returns.
Preorders and address changes: if your address changes between the time of your order and the time of shipment (ie. preorders), it is your responsibility to cover the expense of re-shipping your item if you do not update your address and the parcel is returned. For every item that bounces back to me, I am charged the cost to send it and the cost to have it shipped back to me. It is not possible for us to know if your address changes, so please get in touch. Otherwise, I will assume that nothing has changed and ship your product on arrival from the manufacturer.
We strive to ship every order within 1 business day. Generally, the average is 1-2 business days. On occasion, an order might wait for 3 days, but that is usually due to extenuating circumstances. You will receive an e-mail with a tracking number where applicable as soon as your order ships.
If your order ships lettermail (ie. sling rings, suck pads), your order will be marked fulfilled and you will receive an e-mail but there will not be a tracking number. If you order a lettermail product within Canada and have not received it within 3 weeks, please contact us.