I get a lot of questions about Aloe Slings. The most common one is whether or not they wear and feel as good as they look. The scary thing is... they do.
There are a few cool things about Aloes, not the least of which is the fact that they're so one of a kind. Very rarely is a specific pattern reproduced. They're functional art!
Here's the lowdown on the good and "bad" of Aloe Slings... followed by a picture guide of the Aloe Slings that we have in stock or on its way.
What About Aloe?
- Criss cross straps. This is a feature a lot of people just can't live without in an SSC.
- Front carry, back carry, even a hip carry is a possibility with an Aloe Slings SSC.
- They include a removable, adjustable chest strap and a removable hood.
- Two dangly toys are added to the hood to create more visual interest for baby while in the carrier.
- Designed with a deep pocket to position baby properly in the "M" shape, knees elevated above hip level so that baby is not dangling or placing any strain on joints.
- Reinforcement at the sides provide gentle support and structure as well as at the back.
- Patented belt distributes weight properly across the hips/waist and reduces the burden on your back/shoulders.
- Because I know I'm not the only one who has this little "issue" ... the waist is awesome at hiding post-baby muffin tops!
- The belt is made of breathable fibres to reduce heat retention.
- The Aloe Slings carriers sadly lack a pocket, though special ordering an accessory pocket is an option.
- There are no infant inserts for Aloe Slings carriers and they are not intended for use with babies under 7kg. In Russia SSCs are not used with newborns, and this is reflected in the carriers they produce.
- Shoulder straps are thinner than the TULA, but no less supportive. If you prefer something thick and cushy, you might not love the Aloe. If you aren't a fan of bulky straps, you'll love the Aloe.
Aloe Slings command a hefty price tag, but that reflects the hand crafted and attention to detail that Aloe Slings are known for. They are expensive and slow to import, so having one of these carriers here in North America is truly unique. They do not speak English, but they are exceptionally flexibile and willing to work with clients to make the carrier that is perfect just for you. That's a rare thing in a mass produced world. When you order or purchase an Aloe Sling through us, you're not just supporting our small business--you're supporting their small business, too, half a world away.
See our full selection of Aloe Slings canvas and wrap conversion carriers here.
Aloe Slings wrap conversion carriers include the cost of shipping. Use aloewcshipfree during checkout!
Aloe Slings Measurements:
- (All Sizes) 135cm
- (Baby) 35cm by 35cm,
- (Middle) 42cm by 42cm,
- (Toddler) 45cm by 45cm.
- (Baby) 7kg and up,
- (Middle) 9kg and up,
- (Toddler) 11kg up to 25kg.